Sunday, November 16, 2008
slack week again
Yeah. 2nd week of work. Haha. Nothing much actually. Basically I'm still reading on the technical specs of the project I'm involved in and another new tender project which I will b assisting my mentor in. So yeah, just more reading. Haha.
Got a company laptop on wed. Gotta wait another 2weeks for the new computer to be delivered. That's why I'm using laptop in the office. Finally not that boring at work 'cos I can go online and surf the net. Well, gotta be discreet about it. But yeah, gotta keep myself awake during office hours, so I'm like msn-ing people or email-ing "chat" with others. Haha. Lucky I got my own email add and own extension line. The orientation friend working in the Engineering Design Office was quite sad. She can't have her own email until after probation, which is 6mths later. And there's lots of restriction over there as well, such as they gotta sign some agreement that don't know how many % of the time is for personal calls and such. And their extention line is shared by a few others. Even when she wanna sms or make personal call on her hp, she gotta hide somewhere to do it. Kinda strict over there. I'm glad my department was very slack. Or rather, no people cares about what I am doing. Hahaha. Everyday I was just "thrown" there by myself to read up and do research on the web for things I don't know. At most my mentor come talk to me once or twice to ask how am I doing. He's to busy with sooo many projects that he didn't have time to sit down with me to tell me about the process of the ongoing project. So I'm still quite lost with everything. Oh. To the extent that I only know a few names in the office. Haha. 'Cos no one brings me around to introduce them to me and I can't recognise some of them even. There's only like 20-30+ people in the office. Lol.
Well, so far so gd. Actually, should be so far so boring. Haha. 'Cos I have only been reading non-stop for the last 1+week. But not bad ba, for the working environment in my department, and have to stress that it's only in my department that's not bad. Lol. Others I heard wasnt that good. Hmmm, soon I will be busy with work 'cos lots of new projects coming in and also, I will be involved in lots of meeting. Probably 1-2 meetings a day. Damn, I hate meetings.
i blogged @
11:05 PM