Sunday, June 15, 2008
safari adventure
weeee~ my first safari adventure in the night!! And it's definitely a costly one. Haha. But it's worth it for my girls and since it's kinda a bday celebration for me. Haha. Been so long since I last saw sand!!! You definitely went missing ar.. hahaha. Well, would say it's quite interesting to go to night safari. Never been there and the last time I went to any tourist attraction places, it's like more than 10years ago!! Haha. Kinda suaku. Well, caught the complimentary show the moment we went in. Wild creatures of the Night. Hmmm.. saw a couple of animals quite close. 2 of which is hanging/flying above our heads, and that big python was actually kept in a steel box underneath one of those benches!! And that's only like 5m away from where we are sitting!! haha and to think that those people who are sitting there, they are like sitting on it?! It truly humougous. Hahaha. Saw a couple more animals of which names I couldn't name. Ha.
After the show, went for the tram ride around night safari. All of us are keeping our eyes wide open, looking for any creatures that is hiding among the bushes or in the shadows or up on the trees. Some were really close to us, practically next to tram and can actually touch it if I stretched my arm. Haha. Some of the animals really looked so cute!! And it's really sad, 'cos we cant take photos as no flash is allowed and the place is pitch black. Any photos we took, turned up black. How sad. Alighted half way on the tram and went on a foot trail. This is where all the fun and interesting thing happens!!
Well, at first it was just a normal foot trail, with us just staring at those caged or isolated animals. They are purely exhibits and can't touch them at all. We came to this area. An open area which jess was TOTALLY excited about it. A walk through the BATS cage. It's this open area with trees just next to you, and you have to walk through it. Bats and birds will be flying all over you, and above your head. It's was a little scary, 'cos only the 5 of us went in to this caged place and it's quite dark. Before getting into the area, we have to pass through some gates and jess was the first to walk in. But the moment we get in, she got so scared and started pushing me in front to walk first. The second set foot into the cage, she screamed and grabbed on soooo tightly onto my arms. I was stunned 'cos I still haven't focus into my surroundings and wasnt' sure what is going on. Until jess told me there's bats flying around, very very low. Some were actually flying along the pathway and a few cm above our head. So we quickly walked through it, till there's this bat the flew straight into jess and my face. This time round she screamed soooo loudly that we thought she is going to awake the REST OF THE BATS! Haha. So we stopped walking and started noticing our surroundings and realise there is this BIG fruit bat hanging an arm's length away from jess. She was so scared that she's rooted to the ground and practically hiding behind my shoulders. Those 2 girls behind me, sand and jane is definitely no help at all, keep saying walk faster and get out of here! But I couldn't move at all 'cos jess is holding so tightly onto me and won't move an inch! Then, that BIG fruit bat stop munching and looked at me and jess. I was afraid that it will just flew into our faces and got no choice but to drag jess out of the area. Haha. The totally calm one is lili. She walked alone right at the back, looking at us like some freak show. If I'm her, I probably won't stop laughing at those 4 girls in front. Haha. So we managed to get out of the place safely, and I started wondering, why did we have to errr scare the shit out of ourselves by going in. Haha. Ok. For one, it's really an experience and would say it's quite interesting. And I came to know that though jess weigh about 2/3 of me, but she's not as light as I thought she is, 'cos I did have a hard time trying to walk and drag her out of the place. Haha. Sorry jess, I have to put your "chou shi" on my blog~ Haha. Jane and sand too. They couldn't stop telling me and jess to move faster, since we are in the lead. Haha. Well, wasn't scared until jess suddenly become this scardy cat next to me. And I got a little scared after that with all those screaming around me. Haha.
After that, we continue on the foot trail and ended the journey with the rest of the tram ride back to the entrance. Haha. Saw sooo many creatures, which I didn't even know they existed and couldn't read their names correctly or even remembered them. Guess it was indeed an experience. Well, probably will only do that once. Haha.
Well, it's really fun hanging out with my F5 and thanks for the "cash present". Since we don't really have much time to go out and hunt for my present, that is just the right present ar. And so nan de all 5 of us can meet up. Haha. Left the place after having ben's&jerry's. Reached home at 0000. =)
i blogged @
12:11 AM