Wednesday, January 16, 2008
blood donation
Blood Donation. Had my first Blood Donation today. Ha. Kinda interesting and it wasnt as painful as I thought it would be. Heard from many people and they make donating blood seems very painful. Indeed... ha! The most painful part of it is actually the blood testing, where they test for your blood type. You will feel this instant numbness on one of your fingers. As the actual drawing of blood out of your body, you dont feel anything, since you will be given a jab of anesthetic before they poke that thick needle into your vein. Didnt really feel any pain and the whole process is rather fast. Took me about 10mins or so to draw out a packet of 450ml of blood. Ha. Quite an experience and not to forget you feel great after that, since you will be saving 3 lives for each packet of blood. Haha.
Well, had thought of donating blood from a few years back, just that I didnt really go to do it. Could be fear of pain, or that there's a lack of company, or simply caused I'm lazy. This time round I actually went to do it. Just feel that I should do something for the greater good, not that I'm noble or what, it's just that what had happened last year made me think that maybe it's time for me to do some good. And I guess blood donation is really meaningful and since it's going to be my last few months in NTU, I may not have the will to do it anymore after I graduated, so might as well do it now. Kinda last minute decision and decided not to care so much and just go for it. Haha and nope, it's not scary and not pain! At least for me. Hahaha. So people!!! Go for blood donation!!! Help others when you still can..!! Ha.
i blogged @
11:32 PM